AISHA FLOW YOGA
"If you teach people to find better balance within themselves, how to be stronger, centre their life and go forward with good balance upon mother earth then that is healing" ..... Sun Bear, Medicine Man
About Aisha Flow Yoga
Aisha Flow Yoga is a small home based studio in Thurgoona (Albury, Australia) where profits are used to support local charities and causes. Aisha Flow Yoga is currently the major financial supporter for the local charity Tots2Teens and makes annual donations to local Wildlife Shelters as well as supporting the Special Children's Christmas Party each year.
What I Offer:
Each week there are 3-5 themed flow classes and while I have predominantly been trained in yoga as of 2021 I will be concentrating on flow classes that combine movements from Tai Chi, yoga and primal / animal flow. The classes are themes including using the wisdom of a number of sources such as Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, the Tao Te Ching of Taoism, Buddhism, Primal Movement, western Psychology and my own experiences.
I am available for workshops and presentations on a number of topics. Over the last few years I have been teaching 2 hour workshops to adults and year 9 students at Trinity on such topics as:
- Thriving Through Connection
- The Peaceful Warrior (cultivating a peaceful mind)
- Creating a Successful Life (Habits versus Goals)
- The Power of Beliefs
- Craving and Curiosity (how to combat cravings)
Throughout the year I hold an array of events including vegan potlucks, social events and workshops to inspire.
All are welcome at Aisha Flow Yoga with emphasis on acceptance, connection, generosity, spiritual growth, and inspirational living.
To date we have donated close to $50 000 to local charities and causes in need (not bad for a one person show).Aisha Flow Yoga was created not only to provide yoga classes for interested participants but also as an avenue to be of service and help others. As such:
- A large percentage of profits are donated to local causes charities or causes
- A sponsorship program exists for those who genuinely cannot afford classes, and
- You may contact me for assistance if you have a worthy cause you need to raise money for.
My name is Bronwyn Wilmot and both own the business and teach all the classes. At the time of writing I am 48 years old and the roles I play presently in this life time are Flow teacher, wife, mother of 3 young girls, vegan, environmentalist, and lover of reading, walking, nature and swimming.
For 20 years I worked full time as an Environmental Officer for the NSW government and part time in the health and fitness industry with a strong interest in yoga. My work included:
- Environmental Assessment Officer (Bachelor Science in Environmental Studies)
- Les Mills Instructor (Certificate 3 in Fitness and certified instructor in Pump, RPM and specialising in Body Balance)
- Personal Trainer (Certificate IV)
- Life Coach, Grievance Officer and Lifeline Counsellor(certified NLP Practitioner)
- Vegetarian Education (Diploma Natural Hygiene / Health and Nutrition - Honours)
My Current Movement Qualifications
In February 2013 with the support of my husband I resigned from my government environmental position to focus on my dream of a personal yoga studio. My qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Level 1 teacher training (350 hour Yoga Australia approved training)
- Creative Vinyasa Sequencing with 'Being Yoga' in Queensland
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga (120 hours) with Simon Borg-Olivier and Bianca Machliss from 'Yoga Synergy' in Sydney.
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training with YogaKids Training Academy - Level 1 and 2
- Working with Children Check WWC2046698E vaild till 24/11/2024
I also continue to expand my knowledge with daily reading and reflection, attending workshops and learning from others in the field. My vision for 2021 is to continue to expand into other flow modalities outside of yoga such as animal flow, primal movement and tai chi.
My vision is to provide a personal space where people can:
- flow freely in body, mind and spirit
- grow and heal spiritually, mentally and physically,
- build relationships with like minded people, and
- feel inspired to share, give and grow.